Uniform (Year 7-11)
- White formal cotton/polyester shirt with stiff, pointed collar and buttons up to the neck (no puffed sleeves - COMPULSORY).
- Black academy blazer with embroidered academy logo (COMPULSORY).
- Plain smart/formal black trousers (these must not be tight to the ankle - COMPULSORY)
or knee length plain black skirt (no short stretchy skirts). Shorts are not permitted (COMPULSORY).
- Plain black belt (if required).
- Academy tie (COMPULSORY).
- Plain v-neck black knitted jumper may be worn under a blazer (OPTIONAL).
- Plain black socks (COMPULSORY). No trainer socks or bare ankles.
- Plain black footwear with no other colours, logos or stripes - smart shoes are preferred (COMPULSORY). No boots.
- Plain black turban or headscarf may be worn for religious reasons.
Special ties: Students who do sport at county, national or international level have a special tie. Prefects and Head Prefects are also awarded distinctive ties.
The Pingle Academy - Uniform Policy
Hairstyles: Extreme cuts and colours are not permitted.
Piercings: One plain stud in each earlobe. No other piercings are allowed.
Jewellery: A wristwatch and one plain ring.
Make-up/Nails: No excessive make-up, no nail varnish, no false or acrylic nails, no false eyelashes.
Students wearing incorrect uniform: Parents and carers will be contacted if their children arrive in incorrect uniform.
Parents and carers are free to shop around for basic items of uniform, but please ensure they fit the above criteria. Our uniform is available from:
Pupils SchoolwearPMG SchoolwearWB Global Trading
Alternatively you can also purchase pre-loved uniform items from UNIFORMD by following the link below.
UNIFORMD: Pre-Loved Unform Items
Students need to be ready for lessons with the following equipment:
- A pencil case with black pens, pencils, eraser and ruler.
- A calculator for Mathematics and Science.
- A fully charged iPad.
- Red Pingle polo shirt with academy logo.
- Red Pingle outdoor top with academy logo.
- Black shorts/cycling shorts or plain, black tracksuit bottoms.
- Trainers and/or football/rugby boots.
- One piece swimsuit/swimming shorts or trunks and swimming hat.
- Astro turf trainers or moulded studded boots for PE lessons or lunchtime activities taking place on the artificial turf or grass pitch areas.
- Coats are not permitted unless advised by a member of the PE Faculty due to very cold weather.