The points below cover our expectations for students during any periods where remote learning maybe necessary and advice on how you can support them:
- Check SIMS app for an overview of work set and Showbie/Google Classroom for resources and activities every day for any updates/announcements from your teachers.
- Teachers may send you links to access the lesson via Zoom webinar. You will be able to see the teacher but they will not be able to see you.
- Stick broadly to your normal academy timetable/class times where possible, to provide some structure and spread work out, although we know that this will not always be possible for a wide variety of reasons.
- Complete any work set by class teachers, to a high standard, within the time period indicated by the teachers.
- Ask questions if you do not understand or have any difficulties, during the academy day. You can do this in the chat function on the zoom webinar, in google classroom/showbie or via email to your teacher.
Parents & Carers:
- Encourage students to try to follow their normal timetable where possible, to provide some structure and spread work out, although we know that this will not always be possible for a wide variety of reasons.
- Codes for Showbie & Google Classroom can be accessed by emailing Form Tutors.
- Encourage students to try and to complete any online work to the best of their abilities, where possible, depending upon home circumstances.
- Additional work is always available from teachers on request
- Encourage students to read books/listen to audio books for pleasure.
- Encourage them to balance schoolwork with other creative/physical activities to keep themselves alert and engaged.
- Encourage students to keep their communication with staff to during the academy day.
Please contact the appropriate Progress Leader about any work issues:
Year 7: Miss Sowter (email@example.com)Year 8: Miss Amos (firstname.lastname@example.org)Year 9: Mr Williams (email@example.com)Year 10: Mr Elks (firstname.lastname@example.org)Year 11: Mrs Benfield (email@example.com)Sixth Form: Ms Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For other enquiries please contact:
Mr Waller (DSL): Safeguarding Concerns (email@example.com)Miss Slavin (SENDCo): Advice on students with SEND (firstname.lastname@example.org)Mrs Harling (Head of ERS): Enquiries Regarding ERS (email@example.com)
For latest news and information: