- Remote Learning
Unfortunately, there has still been no agreement made between the National Education Union and the government over school funding and teachers’ pay. As such, there will be further industrial strike action taking place on Thursday 27 April and Tuesday 2 May 2023. Once more this will have an impact on the number of year groups the academy is able to safely open for.
I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE ACADEMY WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR THE FOLLOWING YEAR GROUPS ONLY:
• Students in Year 11, 12, 13, LSB and ARC on Thursday 27 April and Tuesday 2 May 2023.
• Year 10 students are required to be in the academy on Thursday 27 April as they continue with their mock examinations, although there will be a slight rearrangement to the mock examination timetable as shown below:
Mathematics examination Period 1 and 2
Physics examination Period 3 and 4 (this will replace the previously timetabled Religion and Sociology examinations)
Please note, the Religion and Sociology examinations will move to Friday 28 April, Period 1 and 2.
• Year 10 students will be free to leave the academy after their Physics examination. Please ensure your child has safe transport home.
• Any Year 10 students wishing to remain in the academy will be supervised for independent study during Period 5 (I will send further information to Year 10 parents/carers next week).
I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE ACADEMY WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL STUDENTS IN THE FOLLOWING YEAR GROUPS ONLY:
Year 7, 8, 9 and TBC on Thursday 27 April and Tuesday 2 May 2023.
Year 10 on Tuesday 2 May 2023.
Please note, the academy will also be closed for all students on Monday 1 May, as it is Bank Holiday.
A programme of online learning has been developed to ensure that students minimise any loss of educational time.
Teachers who are not striking will set remote learning using either Google Classroom or Showbie. Please ensure your child checks their Google Classroom or Showbie as per their normal timetable and complete any work that has been uploaded by their teacher.
Teachers who are striking are not required to set remote learning. If no work has been set for any timetabled lesson, students should use the links in the drop down menu at the bottom of this page to access a range of resources for independent learning.
Our usual advice regarding remote learning is outlined below:
- Check SIMS app for an overview of work set and Showbie/Google Classroom for resources and activities every day for any updates/announcements from your teachers.
- Stick broadly to your normal academy timetable/class times where possible, to provide some structure and spread work out, although we know that this will not always be possible for a wide variety of reasons.
- Complete any work set by class teachers, to a high standard, within the time period indicated by the teachers.
- Ask questions if you do not understand or have any difficulties, during the academy day. You can do this in the chat function in google classroom/showbie or via email to your teacher.
Parents & Carers:
- Encourage students to try to follow their normal timetable where possible, to provide some structure and spread work out, although we know that this will not always be possible for a wide variety of reasons.
- Codes for Showbie & Google Classroom can be accessed by emailing Form Tutors.
- Encourage students to try and to complete any online work to the best of their abilities, where possible, depending upon home circumstances.
- Additional work is always available from teachers on request
- Encourage students to read books/listen to audio books for pleasure.
- Encourage them to balance schoolwork with other creative/physical activities to keep themselves alert and engaged.
- Encourage students to keep their communication with staff to during the academy day.
Remote Learning Info (Parents & Carers)
The Pingle Academy: Remote Learning Policy
Resources for Independent Learning
Students should use the links below to access a range of resources for independent learning
Select the 'Independent Learning' button, enter your Key Stage & Sparx Maths will supply you with questions personalised to your learning & ability.
When a student logs into Educake they can find a button called 'Set yourself a test'. The student can then select the number of questions and topic they want to study.
End of year exams are a few weeks away and every topic they have studied to far this year needs revising.
Metals & non metals
Energy transfer costs
Acids & bases
Types of reaction
English: Year 7 Writing Challenge
English: Year 8 Writing Challenge
English: Year 9 Writing Challenge
English KS3: Reading Analysis
English KS4: Paper 1 Revision Material
English: Paper 2 Revision Material
Modern Foreign Languages
BBC Bitesize: Spanish AQA GCSE Seneca: Spanish AQA GCSEOak National Academy: KS4 SpanishYr10 French
BBC Bitesize: French AQA GCSE Seneca: French AQA GCSEOak National Academy: KS4 FrenchKS3 French & Spanish
Oak National Academy: KS3 SpanishOak National Academy: KS3 French