Unfortunately due to strike action, The Pingle Academy will be closed to Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and ARC1/ARC2/TBC on Wednesday 1 February 2023 as we will be unable to safely accommodate these students.
A programme of online learning has been developed to ensure that students minimise any loss of educational time.
Teachers who are not striking will set remote learning using either Google Classroom or Showbie. Please ensure your child checks their Google Classroom or Showbie as per their normal timetable and complete any work that has been uploaded by their teacher.
Teachers who are striking are not required to set remote learning. If no work has been set for any timetabled lesson, students should use the links below to access a range of resources for independent learning
Year 10 and 11 students should also use:
Our usual advice regarding remote learning is outlined below:
- Check SIMS app for an overview of work set and Showbie/Google Classroom for resources and activities every day for any updates/announcements from your teachers.
- Stick broadly to your normal academy timetable/class times where possible, to provide some structure and spread work out, although we know that this will not always be possible for a wide variety of reasons.
- Complete any work set by class teachers, to a high standard, within the time period indicated by the teachers.
- Ask questions if you do not understand or have any difficulties, during the academy day. You can do this in the chat function in google classroom/showbie or via email to your teacher.
Parents & Carers:
- Encourage students to try to follow their normal timetable where possible, to provide some structure and spread work out, although we know that this will not always be possible for a wide variety of reasons.
- Codes for Showbie & Google Classroom can be accessed by emailing Form Tutors.
- Encourage students to try and to complete any online work to the best of their abilities, where possible, depending upon home circumstances.
- Additional work is always available from teachers on request
- Encourage students to read books/listen to audio books for pleasure.
- Encourage them to balance schoolwork with other creative/physical activities to keep themselves alert and engaged.
- Encourage students to keep their communication with staff to during the academy day.