- Sixth Form
Enrolling onto an A level course for a two year period can be a difficult decision, with lots of factors to consider. It is critical that when choosing to study A Level and/or vocational courses, you have the necessary skills which will enable you to perform to your true potential.
For this reason, we feel it is very important to set an entry requirement which reflects the standard required to be successful on A Level/vocational courses.
To gain entry into The Pingle Sixth Form, students will be required to meet the following criteria.
Entry requirements are as follows:
- Basic entry requirements for A Level and Advanced Vocational subjects are a minimum of 5x 9-4 grades at GCSE with a minimum Average Points Score of 4 (average grade 4). Eg a grade 9 is worth 9 points, a grade 8 is worth 8 points, a grade 7 is worth 7 points etc.
- Students must also meet the specific subject entry requirement..
- Students who meet the entry requirement, but have not gained a grade 4 or better in English and/or Mathematics will be required to re-sit at the earliest opportunity.
- Highest priority in the case of over-subscription must be given to looked after children and previously looked after children who meet the entry criteria.
- Any academic entry requirement will be the same for both external and internal places.
- Students with SEND can be accommodated, if they meet the academic entry requirements.