- A timetable showing homework for weeks A and B will be on the SIMS Parent App. Subjects which are studied more than 2 hours per week will have homework every week. Other subjects will have it every other week.
- Teachers will record homework on the SIMS Parent App.
- Homework is set to consolidate or develop work done in class, following schemes of work.
- Students will be bringing their books home more regularly, so you will see an evaluation of their work and their responses to marking.
- The Academy will monitor the setting and completion of work, checking its quality and frequency to ensure consistency.
- Students will be expected to complete homework on time.
- Parents/carers will be sent a text if a homework is missed so they can support to ensure it is completed.
- If the homework is still not completed, an after school homework catch-up session will be organised in the Library. Parents/carers will be informed of this by text.
Knowledge organisers are a whole academy resource we have introduced to support long term learning. They are shared with students by their subject teachers electronically on Google Classroom or Showbie. The help guide and video will support effective use of knowledge organisers at home and in class.
All year groups will be given a knowledge organiser homework book which they must bring to the Academy every day.
Mrs Morris (English Faculty) has produced the following video to support students and parents/carers.
Parents & carers should contact the Academy if there are any issues relating to homework.