The Pingle Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy which can be viewed below or on our policies page: http://www.pingleacademy.com/attachments/download.asp?file=658&type=pdf
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies, when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our students are discussed with parents and carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
We regularly hold safeguarding information evenings for parents and carers. Please follow our social media and check the academy calendar/website for upcoming events.
Key staff in our Safeguarding Team are:
- Mr S Waller, Assistant Principal & Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs E Orme, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mr S Hall, Acting Principal
- Mrs M Hall, Vice Principal
- Mr M Hurst, Head of Student and Parent Services
- Mrs S Hughes, Student Welfare & First Aid
- Mrs L Harling, Head of Enhanced Resources
- Mrs E Goodwin, Assistant Head of Sixth Form
- Mrs C McKay, Family Support Worker
- Mrs R Venda, Education Welfare Officer
- Mrs J Astley, Governor
Other policies are available on our policy page under the INFORMATION tab. Please use this link to view the page direct: http://www.pingleacademy.com/page/?title=Policies&pid=19
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Children in Care
- Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Pastoral Care
- Private Fostering
- Tackling Extremism and Radicalisation
All our devices within the Academy are covered by an Acceptable Use Policy.
Websites for further information:
Net Aware: https://www.net-aware.org.uk/
Parent Info: https://parentinfo.org/
Safer Internet: https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/
Spongy Elephant: www.spongyelephant.com/staysafe
Think U Know: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
To view any of our policies please follow this link.