Options Evening (Year 9)
VIRTUAL OPTIONS EVENING 2021 (YEAR 9)
The Virtual Options Evening for Year 9 students and parents/carers will take place on Thursday 14 January 2021, commencing at 6.00pm.
All Year 9 Parents and Carers will have received:
- An emailed letter from Mr Hall which you can access here.
- A Key Stage 4 Curriculum Guide which you can access here.
A full set of resources can be found on this page which should provide all the information required to make option choices for Key Stage 4 examination courses.
Please watch the video below from Mr Hall, Vice Principal of The Pingle Academy.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YEAR 9 OPTIONS?
- Watch the pre-recorded presentation by Mr Hall, from 6:00pm.
- Watch a series of pre-recorded videos from each option subject area that will explain the course content and assessment requirements.
- Read the KS4 Curriculum Guide for each option subject which will explain the course content and the assessment requirements.
- If you have any subject specific questions, then please email the relevant Head of Faculty using the email addresses shown below or use the google form link in the parent/carer letter and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Request an option interview during the weeks commencing 1 March and 8 March 2021 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 12 February
- Deadline for the return of students completed option form (attached at the bottom of this page)
- Please return forms to students form tutor via email.
w/b 1 & 8 March
- Opportunity for virtual options interviews.
w/b 15 March
- Final option choices released to students.
MESSAGE FROM MR HALL, VICE PRINCIPAL
I hope you find the resources and videos available on this section of the website informative as students embark on choosing the examination courses, they wish to study throughout Key Stage 4. I understand these are important decisions for students and we are available to help in any way we can.
Once again, we are all very sorry and disappointed that we cannot invite you into the academy this year.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you require any additional support by emailing email@example.com
Food Preparation & Nutrition
Philosophy & Ethics