If you require ICT support with any Academy based logins (Gmail or MILK) including the resetting of passwords please e-mail ICT Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please include as much information as possible in your e-mail so we can deal with your request.
If you are contacting us about a Milk password you MUST e-mail from the students Gmail or the registered MILK account for security purposes.
- A timetable showing homework for weeks A and B will be on MILK. Subjects which are studied more than 2 hours per week will have homework every week. Other subjects will have it every other week.
- Teachers will record homework on MILK.
- Homework is set to consolidate or develop work done in class, following schemes of work.
- Students will be bringing their books home more regularly, so you will see an evaluation of their work and their responses to marking.
- The Academy will monitor the setting and completion of work, checking its quality and frequency to ensure consistency.
- Students will be expected to complete homework on time.
- Parents/carers will be sent a text if a homework is missed so they can support to ensure it is completed.
- If the homework is still not completed, an after school homework catch-up session will be organised in the Library. Parents/carers will be informed of this by text.
Knowledge organisers are a whole academy resource we have introduced to support long term learning.
All Knowledge organisers can be viewed and downloaded here. They are filed by term, year group and faculty/subject. The help guide and video will support effective use of knowledge organisers at home and in class.
Form tutors and subject teachers will work with students to enable them to become efficient and expert users of knowledge organisers during the Autumn Term. In Year 7 and Year 8 all students will be provided with a knowledge organiser file for storing the knowledge organisers they will be given by their subject teachers and in Years 9 to 11 students can access their knowledge organisers on the link above using their ipads. All year groups will be given a knowledge organiser homework book which they must bring to the Academy every day.
Mrs Morris (English Faculty) has produced the following video to support students and parents/carers.
Homework Timetable 2019-2020
The homework timetable is as follows:
Key Stage 3
English, Maths and Science
Week A: Art, IT (Computing), French and History
Week B: Geography, Religion, Spanish and Technology
Key Stage 4
English, Maths and Science
Subjects in Blocks A, B, C and D
Week A: Philosophy and Ethics for Year 10 and 11
Week B: IT for Year 11
(7 subjects per week for Year 10 and 8 subjects per week for Year 11)
Key Stage 5
Students in Sixth Form should expect a homework load approximately equivalent to one hour for every hour spent on a subject in school. The tasks will be more wide ranging, however, and submission deadlines more flexible. Opportunities for private study exist during the school week for all students. Teachers should inform students in their classes when they will be setting homework as indicated by the homework timetable and students.
Parents/carers should contact the Academy if there are any issues relating to homework.