Student Welfare Links, Documents & Information (Updated 18th May)
Follow this link to be taken to our Home Learning - Student Welfare page.
Please don't forget to look at all the attachments at the bottom of the webpage containing documents to help during this difficult time (Updated 20th April 2020)
Update: Mental Health Awareness Week
- 18th - 24th May 2020 is Mental Health Awareness Week - Please see the Supporter Pack from the Mental Health Foundation.
Helplines & Websites If You Need Help
COVID-19 Home Learning Tips
- Please see the attachments below for tips on supporting your child through the COVID-19 pandemic
DfE Free School Meals Voucher Service
- Please see the attached documents at the bottom of this page or follow this link to the Edenred Free School Meal Voucher Page
Helplines, apps & websites to support parents
Helplines, apps & Websites if you need help now
BBC newsround advice & guidance for young people about coronavirus
Local Foodbank Links
School Nurse Service
For the foreseeable future, school nurses will not be carrying out any face to face contacts other than safeguarding.
SPA contact number- 01246 515100
Website - Derbyshire school nurses
Facebook Page - Derbyshire school age teams
Yoga Down Dog App - Free to The Pingle Academy!
- All deFerrers Trust schools are offering a free subscription to the Yoga Down Dog app for staff & students.
- Please follow this link to instructions on how to register
Two Free Courses to Support You During the Coronavirus Pandemic
The two courses in the links below are designed to help students with their mental health and well being. They are provided by creative education for free and require a student to create a log in when they first join, using their academy email address.
- COVID19 – Staying Mentally Well – which walks you through simple steps you can take to try to look after your emotional wellbeing
- Simple Self-Soothe Strategies – which introduces you to five simple strategies for relaxation and self-soothing which can be used by adults or children.